Croeso i Dosbarth Meithrin a Derbyn
- Start of day is 8.50am. Reception children can come straight into the classroom. Mrs Marchant will meet them at the gates.
- (PM Nursery): Nursery children to be brought to the yard gates in front of the Nursery Yard at 12.55 but gates will open at 12.50pm.
- End of day (PM Nursery): Pick up at 3.10 pm from the green gate by class.
- (Reception) finish school at 3.20 pm. Parents to wait in yard behind green fence (so that it is easier for us to dismiss the children from class- it can get busy !!
- End of day arrangements: Please inform us at the beginning of each week by writing in the Busy Bee books if your child is to be travelling home on the bus or if your child is to be picked up from school by someone different to yourselves. A secret password will need to be given to confirm handover for initial pick ups.
- Snack Money is £10 for the term and cooking money is £1 per term. Please send this money into class via your child’s book bags at the beginning of each term.
- Reception Dinner is £2.25 per day. Payment can be made via class or directly at the main office. Always place money in an envelope and label with your child’s name and class.
- PE: Please can PE kits be brought into school as soon as possible. Please ensure you enclose appropriate clothing and footwear (shorts or jogging bottoms, t-shirt and trainers or plimsoles (with Velcro) that your child will be able to put on. Nursery and Reception will have PE on a Monday.
- Eco Ed: Our Woodland days will be on a Wednesday therefore please ensure your child wears appropriate clothing and footwear (wellington boots) for outdoor activities.
- Name Labelling: Please, please ensure all your child’s clothing particularly jumpers and cardigans are clearly labelled with their name in permanent pen.
- Change of Clothing: Please can you provide your child with a spare change of clothing particularly now that they are enjoying playing in the outdoor areas which can make them wet and muddy.
- Sunscreen and sun hats: Once the weather becomes warm please ensure you put sunscreen on your child before they come to school and they come to school wearing a sun hat.
It is important that you work with your child on their tasks to facilitate their learning by modelling and using lots of open questions to develop their thinking skills. Please encourage them to be as independent as possible. Leave them make choices and decisions, use their own ideas and imagination and have fun experimenting.
Please do not do your child’s challenge for them.
Our Class Charter
In Meithrin a Derbyn we know our rights and recognise our responsibilities too!
Here you will find information about Nursery and Reception Class:
The topic theme we are covering this term.
Maths and language work currently being covered
Class related information and reminders
Welsh Phrases being learned in class ‘Patrwm Yr Wythnos’
Weekly Busy Bee letters and homework challenges
Age related web pages to aid your child’s learning – a perfect link for you to support your child at home!