The Governors are committed to ensure high standards of health, safety and welfare for all staff, pupils and visitors. The school has a security system installed which controls access. Regular risk assessments are carried out and reviewed to ensure the safety of all involved with our school.
The following suggestions will help reduce congestion and are made with child safety foremost in mind.
- Please park safely and appropriately if you wish to come into school for any reason. Avoid parking right in front of the school gates to avoid congestion and accidents.
- Always park for the shortest time necessary.
- Share a car with a neighbour or a friend, taking it in turns to do the school run.
- Make sure you fully supervise your children whilst moving from the collection point i.e. the school gate to the car parking areas.
- When parents walk home with their children it is strongly advisable that the child walks on the inside away from the road.
- Keep reversing to a minimum and take special caution when doing so.
Security is a priority for schools and Llanrhidian Primary School operates within security guidelines laid down by Swansea County Council.
During the school day the most gates are locked during teaching time and visitors/parents must use the entrance down the side lane and go straight to the school office. Visitors are requested to sign the ‘Visitors’ Book.
The school Health and Safety Policy can be requested at any time.
Request for Health & Safety Policy
Please use this form to request a copy of the school's Health and Safety Policy. This policy complies with the City and County's Corporate Policy.