"Inspiring our learners to be the best they can be!"
At Llanrhidian Primary School we aim to:-
- create a happy welcoming school environment that respects the UNCRC’s Rights of the Child.
- deliver a “four purpose” driven curriculum
- develop each individual to their potential through offering a wide range of high quality skills and knowledge based experiences.
- promote equality of opportunity and respect for everyone, irrespective of belief, race and gender.
- encourage a love of learning and high levels of confidence through a growth mindset approach
- develop effective thinking, independent learning and the ability to solve problems creatively.
- use every opportunity to develop the skills of numeracy, literacy and digital competence enabling each child to experience achievement at all levels.
- enable pupils to be given progressive responsibility for organising their learning and management of time.
- enhance self-worth and the ability to value each person’s own worth through a caring, secure environment. This will develop sensibility to others, self-discipline, high self-esteem and acceptable behaviour.
- develop imagination and creativity by offering wide range of authentic experiences.
- develop the natural curiosity that children exhibit about themselves and their world, and use their curiosity to foster positive attitudes to learning.
- develop an appreciation of the heritage and history of Wales as well as learning the Welsh language.