1. Your first mission is to think about people in your family who are special & important to you. They are your heroes at home. What is special about them? Are they kind? clever? helpful? Can you create a picture of your hero at home and write what makes them special to you?
Your teachers have drawn some examples of who their heroes are.
2. Expressive Arts
To celebrate Earth Day create an Earth Day Mobile and write or draw one thing that you do to help our Planet.
3. Welly Wednesday
To Celebrate Earth Day show how you help look after the things in your garden. You could plant, make a bug hotel, a bee home or pick litter from your garden or when out on a walk.
4. Pori Drwy Stori
With someone in your family talk about the A3 Poster included in the Book Talk Pack. (question prompts on poster)
5. Literacy RWI
Before children learn to read words, they need to say the sound that is represented by each letter or group of letters and sound out words orally. E.g. c-a-t, sh-i-p, s-t-o-p etc.
In nursery we teach the first set of sounds (Speed Sounds).
25 single letter sounds (m a s d t i n p g o c k u b f e l h r j v y w z x) and six 2 letter sounds (sh th ch qu ng nk).
When teaching your child to say the sounds, its important to say the pure sounds. This means we say mmmmm not muh and lllll not luh. (A slight uh cannot be helped when saying the sounds b d g j w y). How to say the sounds follow this link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkXcabDUg7Q
Sounds of the week are m a s d t
You might like to do a sound a day
- Play I spy around you home and garden. Can you spot things that start with the m a s d or t sound?
- Practice writing the sounds with a paintbrush and water on your patio/path.
- Join in with the RWI phonics lesson each morning
RWI are streaming three, short Speed Sounds lessons for children to watch at home every weekday on their YouTube channel. Each lesson is ten minutes long and available for 24 hours.
Subscribe to the RWI YouTube page for live lessons.
- Go on a number hunt, what numbers can you spot? Can you practice writing them?
- Sing a counting song. E.g. ‘1 2 3 4 5 once I caught a fish alive’
- Teddy Numbers https://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/teddy-numbers
Follow Andy's Wild Work Out
Under the Sea
Keep having Fun!!
Don't forget to send me photos of your children completing their home learning I would love to post them on our Twitter page.
Diolch yn fawr