The following curriculum policies are updated regularly. Please contact the school office if you require a hard copy using the submission form below. Please state clearly which policy you require.
Awaiting Governor Endorsement
|Curriculum Policy Link||Date Endorsed By Governing Body||Next Updated/Reviewed||Review Cycle (Years)|
|Curriculum for Learning Policy||Autumn 2020||Autumn 2021||1|
|Calculation Policy||Spring 2019||Spring 2022||3|
|Continuity of Learning Policy||Autumn 2020||Autumn 2021||1|
|Additional Learning Needs Policy||Spring 2021||Spring 2022||1|
|Assessment Policy||Autumn 2020||Autumn 2021||1|
|Assessment for learning Continuum Policy||Spring 2019||Spring 2022||3|
|Feedback for Learning Policy||Autumn 2020||Autumn 2021||1|
|Planning Policy||Autumn 2020||Autumn 2021||1 (Updated Termly)|
|Positive Relationships Policy||Autumn 2020||Autumn 2021||1|
|Bilingualism Policy||Autumn 2019||Autumn 2022||3|
|Charging Policy||Autumn 2018||Autumn 2021||3|
|Collective Worship Policy||Autumn 2018||Autumn 2021||3|
|Community Links Policy||Autumn 2018||Autumn 2021||3|
|Cwricwlwm Cymreig Policy||Autumn 2018||Autumn 2021||3|
|Food and Fitness Policy||Spring 2021||Spring 2024||3|
|Educational Trips Policy||Autumn 2018||Autumn 2021||3|
|Pets in School Policy||Autumn 2018||Autumn 2021||3|
|AoLE Leader Policy||Summer 2021||Spring 2024||3|
|Session Times Policy||Autumn 2020||Autumn 2021||1|
|Transition Plan||Autumn 2020||Autumn 2021||1|
|Relationship & Sexuality Education||Spring 2021||Spring 2024||3|
Our Open Door Policy
We wish to continue to promote a climate of mutual respect and trust at Llanrhidian and outline below our ‘Open Door Policy’ which facilitates our efforts to ‘work in partnership’ with parents.
- Informal Conversations - Staff are on duty every morning from 8.45 to 8.55. You will be able to have any informal chats, or ask questions during this time. Staff are usually available at the end of the day, however, may not be able to speak to you until all pupils are safely dismissed.
- Information - Although the school endeavours to communicate regularly with all parents and carers, should there be any questions or comments the school can be reached through phoning the office or by email.
- Formal Conversations – Should there be a need for a one to one with any member of staff, please ask for an appointment. Staff will always aim to meet with you at the earliest convenience. Depending on the stated purpose of the meeting one or both parties may wish to request that a ‘third party’ be present in order to make notes of the discussion. Should either party feel at any time that the discussion is unproductive or that behaviour is disrespectful or unacceptable, they will have the right to terminate the discussion. The matter will then be referred to the Headteacher for further resolution.
- Complaints - Any complaints made to the Governing Body which have not taken the proper course for resolution will be directed back to the Headteacher. The school’s complaints policy is available here or from the office
- Pupil behaviour - We appreciate that parents seek to give the benefit of the doubt to their own child and it is possible that they are unable to see both sides of the situation. The school wishes to reassure parents that the school always endeavours to use the ‘no blame approach’ when enquiring into an incident using restorative approaches and will endeavour to remain impartial. Please refer to our Positive Relationships Policy.
We wish to thank parents for their support and for their efforts to work in partnership with our staff.
Please contact the school office if you require a hard copy of a policy using this submission form. Please state clearly which policy you require.