Introduction by Jane Houston (Chair of Governors)
Our governing body are all volunteers from our community. This page explains what we do.
School Mission and Vision:
Governors work together to make sure that everyone at Llanrhidian can experience our school mission to “Learn, Grow, Succeed Together!”
Children’s Rights are important in Llanrhidian school. The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) informs how we work and the decisions we make. Our school vision is to ‘inspire all learners to be the best they can be!’
To succeed in our vision and mission governors need to make sure our school is always improving and developing.
What do Governors do?
As governors we have three important jobs:
- We set a direction and plan for what the school should achieve. This is set out in the School Development Plan.
- We check that the Head Teacher is making sure all children are progressing in their learning.
- We check that the school can show how money is used and that it is used wisely.
We need to make sure our Governing Body develops too. We do this by setting goals for our Governing Body and including these in our School Development Plan.
New curriculum for Wales
The new curriculum in Wales will also mean that Governors need to make sure the Head teacher and her team design a curriculum for Llanrhidian that supports all children to be:
- Ambitious, capable learners
- Ethical, informed citizens,
- Enterprising, creative contributors and
- Healthy, confident individuals.
It’s been exciting to see how Llanrhidian has been developing the curriculum over the last few years as a pioneer school. Governors will have an important job in supporting the school to continue to develop the new curriculum.
Contacting the Governing Body
If you have any questions about our Governing Body, please contact me using the form below.
Chair of Governors