Dear Parents and Carers,
Our new one way system in the PryCop Yard is working really well and it has minimised the amount of pedestrians mixing with moving cars on the side lane. Please can you make sure all family members, who collect, are aware of this, to keep them safe too. Thank you all so much for your co-operation. Here are this week's headlines:-
1. Drop Off - Please can we ask all parents to turn their engines off when dropping their child OR enable pupils to exit the vehicle gate side. We have had a number of near misses where cars have moved forward when their child is passing in front. I know it is busy, but better to be safe and those few extra seconds can ensure we have no incidents. Please also pass this message on to your family members who drop off.
2. School Grounds - Our plans to improve our outdoors are going really well. Thank you so much for supporting our appeal for our outdoor tables and benches. We have had some very generous donations in addition to the Roy Collins Fund which has now reached over £1700. Every little helps, so if you are able to support us with a financial contribution, please send into school.
3. Well Being Week - This year, the week of 24th May we will be celebrating the Health and Well-being Area of Learning. Usually, we would invite the children to bring in their pets and have a different visitors come in and talk to the children. Unfortunately, as you know, current restrictions do not allow this. We really need some support to make this week even better for the children. If possible, we would like help to tidy up our outside areas. If you are able to donate any of the following, it will help us greatly:-
- plants pots
- donations towards tables and benches
- bark chippings
Your Pod Staff will be in touch to let you know what your child may need to bring in terms of gardening/sport/outdoor equipment.
4. 100 Club - It's not too late to join our 100 club for after half term. Please send in £5 to the office. This is a great way of raising funds for our pupils, but also gives you the chance of winning £50 each week! Well done to our luck winners so far this term. For more information click here.
5. INSET Days - The school has a number of INSET days yet to take, however we feel that we want to see your children as much as we can before the Summer break. For this reason staff and governors have decided that we will take just two INSET days at the end of term to prepare for the New Curriculum. This means the last day of the Summer Term will be Wednesday 14th July.
Have a Super Weekend,
Mrs Caswell & #TeamLlanrhidian