The end of term is now only three week's away and we are already busy preparing for September. We are praying for a "normal" year with no closures, and hope that the letter you received from the Director of Education, helps you to understand that we are still working under strict operational guidance.
However, we are planning for best scenarios where we can, and governors feel that we can safely run our whole school in "pods" again from September. This means that we will not be splitting year 5 into two separate "podlets" and running the whole of Pod PryCop as one. The advantages of this are clear. Pupils will work with a range of pupils and staff across a number of learning areas (workshops). There will continue be registration (kinship) time in separate groups, but pupils move around, according to tasks. This is how we worked before Covid and both pupils and staff benefitted greatly in terms of both well-being and progress.
If the data and public health situation declines, we will of course make the decision to revert back to "podlets". Let's all hope this will not be the case. Here are the Pods for next Year:
- Pod Pili Pala (Nursery) - Mrs Gosney & Mrs Parry
- Pod Pengwin (YR & Y1) - Mrs Marchant, Miss Walters, Mrs Williams & Mrs Blackmore
- Pod Pysgodyn (Y2 & Y3) - Mrs Jones, Mr Goremano & Mrs Morgan
- Pod PryCop (Y4, Y5 & Y6) - Mrs Morgan, Miss Colwill, Mrs Rees & Miss Weatherley
Please do not worry about your child's transition to their new pod. We will be making sure all the children know exactly what will happen on their first day in September. You will receive "Welcome Videos" from the staff to watch with your child, and of course we will be starting the term with a launch day to start our whole school, top-secret, topic. Here are some other headlines for the week:-
1. Sports Day (Week of 28th June) - Last year we had to have a virtual sports day. Well, this year the pupils can have their own sports day in their contact bubbles. A dedicated video channel will be set up on our website for you to view the events. Your Pod staff will let you know what your child will need. Here are the days allocated to each Pod:-
Monday 28th June - Pod Pili Pala
Tuesday 29th June - Pod Pengwin (am) & Pod Pysgodyn (pm)
Wednesday 30th June - Pod PryCop Coch (am)
Thursday 1st July - Pod PryCop Melyn (am)
If there is bad weather - we will amend days and pod staff will email you. Please send pupils in house colours and trainers on these days. Sport's Day T-Shirts are available from the office. Please email if you need to know what colour house your child is in. Please note that any t-shirt in that colour can be worn.
2. Summer Raffle - We are still collecting prizes for the summer raffle. Each class will raffle a class hamper, and we need your donations to make this a success. As you know we are unable to raise funds through a summer fayre, so this raffle will support the school to further develop its environment to support pupil well-being. Please send in any of the following items by July 2nd. We will need to leave all items for 48 hours before creating the hampers. Examples of donations:- Bottles (wrapped for safety), Sweets, Toiletries, Summer themed gifts! Thank you for purchasing our raffle tickets. We have plenty more available, so if you would like more, please contact the office.
Have a great weekend,