Dear Parents and Carers,
What a start to the school year! And what an end to the first half term. I can honestly say that I think that was the best Monster Ball ever! Thank you for all the donations; to the mums that helped to decorate and to sell; and to all those who turned up to support the event. Our "photo booth" was a great hit, and I hope you will all have great memories from the evening. Our priority is always to bring the community together, but these events also provide us with funds that help with resources for our pupils to have the best possible experiences. We raised over £400 at the monster Ball, and well over half of that was raised from the snack stall run by two amazing mums. Thank you again for all the donations for this stall, this team effort really did pay off. Big thanks too, to all the staff who go above an beyond to make these events memorable! Here are the headlines this week:-
Curriculum Design Day - The Pry Cop pupils laid out the best ever display to showcase our curriculum and to capture your thoughts on what we do. Unfortunately only a few parents were able to attend. Please can ALL PARENTS help the pupils by visiting their web page and completing their short questionnaires. The pupils use your responses to help us continually design a curriculum that is co-constructed by us all. You can view the photos from the day and access the questionnaires here.
Prepared for Learning - As your child grows older our aim is to help them become independent learners, and taking responsibility for their equipment is a large part of this learning curve. We are finding that more and more of the teachers’ time is being spent organising the pupils for the lessons and the school day. We need your help to make the best out of learning time. The following points will help your child greatly:-
- Pupils need to be coming to school prepared for their day. Older children, (PryCop) need pencil cases with sharpened pencils, a black pen, a purple pen, a whiteboard pen, rubber, glue stick etc.
- Water bottles will avoid pupils wanting to visit the fountain to get a drink half way through the lesson. Hydration (water not squash) is an important aid to learning, and we do see a difference in concentration levels.
- PE kit need to be in on the appropriate days.
- Names on school uniform and equipment.
Parent Open Evening Monday November 7th - Straight after half term we would like to invite you into the pod to have a look at your child's learning environment, their books and to chat with the staff. This is a drop in session between 3.30 and 5.30, and we encourage you to bring your child so they can show you around. You will also have a written report at the end of Autumn and you will have a formal meeting in Spring. However, as always, if you do have any concerns please email the office and we will be in touch as soon as we can.
World Cup Jambori with Dafydd Iwan November 10th - Pod Pry have been asked to join in a virtual singalong on this day. Please can this pos wear Welsh rugby shirts or red tops for the event. They will be singing Yma o Hyd.
Christmas 2022 - We will be sending out all the details after half term but here are our plans in a nutshell:-
- Church Carol Service with Choir December 6th 4.30-5.30 at Llanrhidian Church
- Marchnad Nadolig December 13th. Market Stalls and Santa's Grotto 2.30 - 4.30
- Pod Pili Pala, Pengwins & Pysgodyn Christmas Shows - December 12th (Times 10am & 2pm) and December 15th (Times 10am & 2pm) We will let you know when tickets are on sale.
- Pod PryCop Christmas Shows - December 20th (Times: 13:30-15:30 & 17:30-19:30) and December 21st (Times: 13:30-15:30 & 17:30-19:30) We will let you know when tickets are on sale.
Please understand that Christmas Show tickets are limited due to the capacity of the hall. However, we will ensure "every" family has the opportunity to see one show before releasing any spares. This is the fairest way for all families, so please be kind to our lovely office staff.
Have an absolutely amazing half term!
We hope to see you all at our open evening on the 7th.
Mrs Caswell & #Teamllanrhidian