Dear Parents and Carers,
Thank you for attending our Carol Service and a huge thank you to Mr Goremano and Miss Weatherly who have led and developed the school choir this term. They have done an amazing job, and we are so grateful that they have stepped up to take on this additional role.
We have a very busy two weeks ahead of us, and I have to say a huge thank you to all the staff who are working so hard to make this Christmas special for everyone. The shows are fantastic, and I am sure you will really enjoy. Some parents have reserved tickets, but have not sent in the money, please do this asap.
Exciting News! Caffi Cynefin is going to change it's venue. From January 12th 2023, it will be held in the school hall from 9 am until 11.45 (Last orders 11.30). We will see many benefits from this change including free wifi, warmth, no rent and we can rotate more pupils into the roles. We can also expand our menu to include toast, teackes and crumpets. In addition it will be more child friendly for toddlers and their mums. As always we will be looking for volunteers to bring some elderly folk, help with running the caffi and donations of cakes etc. Can you help us source the following items? We need:-
- 1. Teacups and saucers, small plates, tea pots (various sizes) sugar bowls and milk jugs
- 2. Tea spoons, forks, butter knives
- 4. Cushions
- 5. Cake stands
If you are able to help with any of the above items, please send into school. They don't have to match - Caffi Cynefin is about bringing people together for a cuppa and a chat, we are not trying to compete with Costa :)!
Here are the other headlines this week!
Christmas Shows - We can't wait to see you at our Christmas Shows. We will be selling the following should you wish. (Cash only)
- Tea/Coffee 50p
- Mince Pies 50p
- Joes Tubs - £1.50
- Cans - £1
- Raffle Tickets - £1.00 (Also see below)
Raffle Tickets - Tickets are now on sale via sQuid or by sending money in to the office in a clearly marked envelope. The raffle draw is Monday 19th December. Please help us by sending in pod prizes such as:-
- Christmas gifts
We also need big stand alone gifts from local businesses (Can you help?) If you have any unwanted wicker baskets we would love to up-cycle them into hampers.
Marchnad Nadolig December 13th. Market Stalls and Santa's Grotto 2.30 - 4.30 - With your help this is going to be a great community event. Pupils can be collected from 2.30, or at usual time. The school bus will run as normal. The market will include:-
- A free Santa's grotto to all our primary school pupils and their younger siblings.
- A parent refreshment stall - Thank you for the mums who have volunteered to set up and run this, please send in Christmassy cakes, treats etc for the stall.
- Christmas Market Stalls - These will be setting up in the marquee
- Mrs Blackmore's Christmas Kitchen - Turkey and Stuffing Rolls (Veggie Option Available)
Christmas 2022 In a Nutshell
- Church Carol Service December 6th 4.30-5.30 at Llanrhidian Church (Choir only)
- Marchnad Nadolig December 13th. Market Stalls and Santa's Grotto 2.30 - 4.30 (See above)
- Christmas Dinner 14th December (Christmas Jumpers)
- Pod Pili Pala, Pengwins & Pysgodyn Christmas Shows - December 12th (Times 10am & 2pm) and December 15th (Times 10am & 2pm)
- Pod PryCop Christmas Shows - December 20th (Times: 13:30-15:30 & 17:30-19:30) and December 21st (Times: 13:30-15:30 & 17:30-19:30)
- Raffle Ticket Draw - December 19th
- INSET DAY 23rd December 2022
Have a great weekend