Dear Parents and Carers,
Can you believe that this is the end of another extraordinary year. I cannot convey my gratitude to the whole community of this school enough. The staff have been outstanding, resilient and innovative throughout, often putting their family life on hold to ensure our pupils get the best support possible.
Parents and carers have been outstanding in their support of the school - and this has given so much strength to us all. And of course we have to thank the pupils, who make this school what it is. We have been having a big push on confidence and kindness across the school, and it has been wonderful to hear more and more pupils asking the adults how they are!
I would also like to thank the governors who have have attended many more meetings to ensure we have everything in place throughout this pandemic. Again, we could not have got through this year without their support.
I am sure you will all join me in wishing the year 6 pupils luck as they leave Llanrhidian and head to their new schools. I have no doubt they will make their new school as proud of them as we are.
This week we had a VIP visit the school. We did not prepare or do anything out of the ordinary for the visit, yet his words were "I was blown away by the school!" And I couldn't agree more!
Here are this week's headlines:-
1. Reading: You will be receiving an email about supporting your child's reading over the holidays from your pod staff. Please help us to help your child practice their reading. It is certainly our role to "teach" reading skills, but the "practice" really needs to be done at home if we are going to give each pupil the very best chance. Please ensure your child has plenty of "real books" for the summer, and we can lend you what ever you need, just let us know.
2. School Reports: You will receive your online reports today. If you have any issues accessing them please email your pod staff. They will sort out any issues before the end of term.
3. Summer Raffle: Thank you for all the donations, the raffle will be drawn today and we will let you know if you have won. Prizes will be sent home with the pupils. Good luck!
4. 100 Club: We have had the last draw of the term. Thank you so much for your support, and please support us again next year as the funds raised support every pod with resources needed for the pupils. We have been providing every child with every piece of stationary the need, and will continue to do so until we are out of this pandemic.
5. Term Dates - The last day for pupils this term will be Wednesday 14th July. The first day of term for pupils in Autumn will be Monday 6th September. We will be having our usual launch day on the first day back, please send your child in sports wear as it will be an active day. (Top secret of course). Please note we have been given an extra bank holiday on April 29th 2022.
That just leaves me to say, have a fabulous Summer holiday! Enjoy yourselves, stay safe and we all look forward to seeing you in September!