Dear Parents and Carers,
Firstly, a big thank you for all the plants and donations for the benches. There has been a fantastic response, and we are looking forward to the grounds looking amazing. I am sure you all agree that our environment is so important to our well-being.
Can you believe we have come to the summer half term? Another school year is nearly over, and it has certainly been an interesting one. We are all looking forward to the final half term, and we are planning some great activities whilst still operating under the schools' operational guidance. Please see this week's headlines below:-
1. Sports Day (Week of 28th June) - Last year we had to have a virtual sports day. Well, this year the pupils can have their own sports day in their contact bubbles. Teachers are planning these events and will let you know which day they will be racing. A dedicated video channel will be set up on our website for you to view the events. Your Pod staff will let you know what your child will need. Sport's Day T-Shirts are available from the office. Please email if you need to know what colour house your child is in.
2. End of Term Video - Ensuring our pupils get a a curriculum that covers "breadth and depth" is vital to the development of knowledge and skills. To celebrate this term's work, all pods are developing a film for your to enjoy at the end of term. These enable pupils to share their knowledge and develops skills such as creativity, problem solving, planning and organisation as well as self efficacy. We will let you know when these are ready to launch. Please remember our video channel (Which we started in March 2020) is available for all to access from our website.
3. Parent Meetings: After half term you will have the opportunity to speak to your child's teachers. During this meeting staff will discuss the following with you:-
- Your child's wellbeing
- How your child responding to our recovery curriculum in school
- How you can support key skills at home
Many, many thanks again for all your help and support. I am working in another school tomorrow, so I will not be at drop off and pick up so please have a fabulous half term, and I look forward to seeing everyone back safe and sound on June 7th.