Dear Parents and Carers,
We are all so excited for tomorrow's Sport's Day. I do not feel we are exaggerating when we say that this is a momentous occasion for us all. It has been 3 years since we have held a similar event, and we have high hopes that tomorrow will be an event that everyone will remember. Just turn up, Put your picnic rug down and enjoy. (More details below). A huge thank you to Wipeout Creations for the kind sponsorship of medals. These will be given to every pupil at the end of the races and have a wonderful "jubilee" theme.
Please remember to visit our Jubilee Gardens tomorrow. Thank you to the parent who have built the raised beds and helped us with top soil. The pupils have worked so hard to plant the flowers you have donated, so these gardens are the result of amazing collaboration and will remind us of this very special year.
Today we will be enjoying ice-cream from "Big Al" kindly paid for by Cllr Richard Lewis. What a treat for us all. Thank you so much.
As this term is rushing by we will be sadly saying farewell to four members of staff. Mrs Morgan joined us in 2006 and has been a committed member of our team. She has promoted and led children's rights and supported learning right across the school. Although we will miss her, we are also celebrating her new job at Oystermouth Primary where she will be running the nursery as a HLTA. We are also saying goodbye to Kath Howells, Caru Owen and Annabel Thomas who have been with us over the past year. A big thank you to all these wonderful staff who have been invaluable over the challenges we have needed to face together.
We are currently finalising the pupils' Summer term written reports, and these will be emailed you by the end of next week. Please ensure you have given us an up-to-date email.
Here are this weeks headlines:-
Important Arrangements for Sports Day Friday 8th July 2 to 4pm:
- Please let us know if you are not able to attend so we can supervise your child until the end of the school day. (Bus pupils will leave school normal time if parent not attending)
- Parents/relatives that do attend will be expected to supervise their own children.
- Nursery AM are invited back to the school for this event
- Gates will open at 1.45pm. Bring a blanket and a picnic.
- We will be selling Tea/Coffee and cold drinks for £1. There will also be ice-cream on sale. (Please bring lots of £1 coins)
- Raffle tickets will be available.
- Younger pupils can use Pengwin toilets, older pupils and adults can use portaloos.
- When pupils are not racing there will be other activities available (parents to supervise)
Order of Events (Times will need to be flexible)
Opening Ceremony 2pm
Races - Pili Pala and Pengwin
Races - Pysgodyn and PryCop
Race - Parent Teacher
Please stay and enjoy our field!
Summer Raffle Reminder - As always we are are running a termly raffle to raise money for pod resources. Please sell as many as you can as every £1 helps us to provide our pupils with the little extras that make their life in Llanrhidian memorable. We will be making up hampers from smaller donations and larger items will be stand alone prizes. We are asking for donations of the following prizes. If you know any local business who can help, please let them know that we will always "Tweet" a thank you. We are collecting:-
- Sweets, biscuits, chocolates, wine, summer toys etc for hampers
- Bottles of champagne, liquor, spirits, vouchers, etc for stand alone prizes
Gower Cycling Festival Sunday July 10th (morning). School Field - All welcome from 9.30 am. - We have been asked to be a "pit stop" again for this traditional event. White Rock Events have already sponsored us a wonderful football kit and are also sourcing us some free portaloos for our sports day. Thank you to those parents who have already offered to run the bacon butty BBQ and to help on the day. We are expecting 600 cyclist to ride past the school so come along to cheer them on! Hopefully lots will stop for breakfast. We expect the first of the cyclists to arrive around 9.45 am.
Weekly Premises Plea - This week we need:-
- Decking planks (New floor for the Pengwin house)
- We need bark chippings for our paths - does anyone know any landscape gardeners or tree surgeons who could dump their chippings in our field?
- Good quality toys eg lego, cars, role play etc for Pengwins and Pili Pala
- Artificial plants to soften our indoor environment
Have a fabulous weekend