The school is part of the larger community. Links between the school and the larger local community enhance both the quality of life and learning experienced by both communities.
The school fosters close relationships between itself, the pupils’ homes, and the local community.
Good examples of existing links are:
- The Police Liaison Officer visits regularly.
- The school appears regularly in the press.
- Pupils support charities, local, national and international.
- Pupils enter local competitions.
- There is a school savings bank, and a pupil savings bank.
- The school fetes are open to the community, and the local organisations such as the Fire Service take part.
- We have links with local conservation groups.
- The Community Council meet at the school.
- Local churches and chapels are involved in school assemblies.
- The school field is used by the community.
- The school takes part in concerts in the local area (village halls, churches and nursing homes).
- Pupils regularly visit the locality for geographical, historical and scientific studies.
- The school choir supports local community group by performing at a number of events throughout the year.