Annwyl Parents and Carers,
Our Whole School Attendance currently stands at
95.6% (Up from last week)
Pod Pengwin -95.7% (Up from last week)
Pod Pysgodyn - 96.1% (Up from last week)
Pod PryCop - 94.9% (Up from last week)
(Well done Rec still in the lead with 97%)
Swansea Target 95%
Llanrhidian Target 96%
Welcome to Autumn 2 2023! And have we got a busy half term ahead. Please make sure you read this weekly blog and keep up to date with all the excitement We put a lot of effort into providing a weekly letter, so please share it with anyone that is involved with your child.
Our amazing staff are really working hard to provide information via our new social media platform "instagram" and are also developing "facebook". Don't forget to follow us and get your friends and relatives to follow us too!
Please let us know as soon as possible if you can help with the Marchnad Nadolig in any way, more details below. Also please check our "premises plea" below and see if you can help with any items.
Here are the Christmas Term headlines:
Marchnad Nadolig Tursday November 30th. Market Stalls and Santa's Grotto 2.30 - 4.30 With your help this is going to be a great community event. Pupils can be collected from 2.30, or at usual time. The school bus will run as normal. The market will include:-
- A free Santa's grotto to all our primary school pupils and their younger siblings. You should have received a link to book a slot for your family. Let us know if you are not able to atend or cannot book a sot! We will ensure every pupil sees Santa.
- A parent and pupil refreshment stalls - Please let us know if you can set up and run this stall or can send in Christmassy cakes, treats etc for the stall.
- Christmas Market Stalls - We have lots of great stalls booked! But please continue to spread the word.
- Mrs Blackmore's Christmas Kitchen - Turkey and Stuffing Rolls (Veggie & Vegan Option Available)
Raffle Tickets - This year you are able to purchase Christmas Raffle Tickets by two means. Firstly we have sent home tickets which you can return with cash or a cheque. Secondly, you are able to purchase tickets via sQuid. The tickets will cost £1 each and if you pay by sQuid, we will complete the tickets for you, and send you confirmation. Every ticket sold raises vital money for pupil resources and every pupil benefits from your generosity. The raffle draw is Monday 18th December.
Raffle Prizes - Please help us with prizes. We will again creating the famous "Mrs Blackmore's Hampers" as prizes. We will be holding a "Christmas Jumper and Bring a Raffle Prize Day" on Friday December 8th. Please send in a Christmassy items such as wine, chocolates, small gift, toiletries etc. We also need stand alone prizes, so if you know any business who would offer a voucher or prize, please let us know. We will always instagram a thank you, and are happy to add a tag if the business has one.
Christmas Show Tickets - We are delighted to be able to offer you 2 tickets per family per show (not per performance). Please note that if you have 2 pupils in the same pod then this is still 2 tickets per family. Please discuss within your own family who will have the two tickets. There is a finite capacity in our school hall which is why the staff are working very hard to do eight performances across the school.
To purchase tickets please use the order form that has been sent to you. (if you have not received one please contact the office) This must be returned by Friday 24th November. Tickets will only be allocated and sent home on receipt of payment (£3 per ticket - cash or cheque payable to Llanrhidian Primary School). Please send this in with your order form in a clearly marked envelope. Please note we are not selling tickets from the office. Once we have ensured that every family has had the option to purchase 2 tickets, we will then release more on a first come first serve basis. Please be kind to our office staff who will be ensuring this is a fair process.
Photographs Friday 17th November - We will be having individual children photographs on this day. If you would like a family photo, please let the office know so we can arrange a time. The photos will be back in time for Christmas presents. You can decide how you want your child dressed for the photos, as these may make great Christmas gifts.
Mr G's Internet Safety Tip of the Week: Explain the importance of thinking before posting anything online. As content can be permanent. It's crucial to consider the consequences before sharing anything online. Once content is posted, it can become permanent and difficult to remove. Therefore, it is important to think twice before publishing anything on the internet, whether it be a comment, photo, or personal information. Please click here for more information.
Premises Plea - We are always looking to make our environment welcoming, curious, interesting and stimulating. Can you help? We currently need:-
- Christmas Decorations and volunteers for the event
- Small Plastic Pots
- Hamper baskets
- Artificial or real house plants
- Natural objects - eg fossils, crystals, interesting drift wood
- Interesting ornaments, Unusual objects
- Old artefacts eg old phone, clock, etc
- Shelves for walls
- Cut logs for seats
- Slices of log for displays
- Bark chippings for paths
- Good quality board games, packs of cards
Dates at a Glance:
- Caffi Cynefin every Thursday 9am to 11.30am for more information click here.
- Plant Bach Llanrhidian Toddler Group every Thursday 1.30-3pm for more information click here.
- Clwb Hwyl will commence Wednesday 13th September at 3:30 till 4:15. Clwb Hwyl is for pupils Year 1 to Year 6. For more information click here.
- Parent Workshop; managing anger - November 15th (Your child can attend clwb hwyl)
- Marchnad Nadolig & Santa's Grotto - Thursday 30th November @2.30-4.30
- Christmas Jumper and Bring a Raffle Prize Day December 8th
- Christmas Shows Pod Pili Pala, Pengwin and Pysgodyn Tuesday 5th Dec @10 and @2; Wednesday 6th Dec @10 and @2
- An Evening with Llanrhidian School Choir @Llanrhidian Church Tuesday 19th December @5pm
- Christmas Shows Pod PryCop Tuesday 12th Dec @1.30 and @5.30; Thursday 14th Dec @1.30 and @5.30
- INSET DAYS - Friday 22nd December, Monday January 8th
Have a fabulous weekend